The weekend in Culmstock will be part of the annual Blackdowns Early Music Project’s Spring Festival.
We shall rehearse in Culmstock and perform In Wellington School Chapel ( NOT St John’s Church which several of you know well!). Playing with us will be Martin Perkins (organ) and Henrik Persson (gamba and/or baroque cello).
We will do our utmost to keep costs as low as possible for you all, and can offer some assistance with low cost, friendly accommodation where needed (this will work out at c. £20 pp pn). Meals will all be provided within the sub. As a rough guide, the last time BC performed under the BEMP umbrella was in 2011 when the basic sub for the w/e was c. £120 excluding accommodation.
The programme – entitled Komm, Heiliger Geist – will include the following works:
- Johann Walter: Veni Sancte Spritus & Nun bitten wir
- Melchior Frank: Unser Leben währet siebzig Jahr
- Johann Ludwig Bach ~ Gedenke meiner, mein Gott
- Johann Bach: Unser Leben ist ein Schatten
- Johann Sebastien Bach: Komm, Jesu, komm & Der Geist hilft unser Schwachheit & Ich lasse dich nicht
- There will additionally be a couple of Intermezzos played by the continuo players.
Scores of the above music can be found by following this link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zy6rub0bz5ammbt/AAB3W42eMPLp7OH21mfw-YA5a?dl=0. Please print the music and bring it to the weekend in a black binder. [Please note that the JL Bach ‘Gedenke meiner’ is currently not uploaded’ it will be available soon.]
The voice distribution will be made available shortly.
Further details will be added as soon as they are available.